YOGA BREATWORK MASTERCLASS
RELIEVE STRESS. IMPROVE SLEEP. BOOST DIGESTION.
Yoga Breathing is a safe and fast way to relieve stress, boost digestion, balance your energy, and improve sleep. No experience of any kind is needed. I take a very simple, science-based approach that is effective for everyone.
Online Breathwork masterclass
In this 4-week long series, you will be gently and gradually introduced to breathwork by exploring the various stages towards this essential technique and practice.
Masterclass 1: The anatomy of the breath: preparing for pranayama and breathwork.
- The distinct role of the breath in our lives and practices
- Why and how do we breathe? Getting to know the respiratory system
- How to prepare the body and mind for a breathwork session
- The diaphragm: preparing and conditioning
- Learning about our different breathing patterns
- Breathing categories (“Coffee, Water, Whiskey”)
Masterclass 2: The mechanics: introduction to sectional breathing
- Breath of Fire session: breathing techniques to warm up the respiratory system
- Connecting with 3-part breathing: diaphragmatic, thoracic, and clavicular breathing
- Diaphragmatic breathing: different techniques
- Learning about deep breathing: full yogic breath
Masterclass 3: Sectional breathing: expanding and opening to better breath awareness.
- The great breath: 9-part breathing – extended version.
- Sectional breathing during relaxation: Water Balance Breathing, 4:8 Breathing
Masterclass 4: Rhythmic breaths: finding balance, equality, and expansion.
- How to balance and equalise the breath: square breathing
- Breath retention: why? how?
- Other techniques with ratios: lengthening the exhalation and the calming breath
- Introduction to alternate nostril breathing and adding the ratios
After each masterclass, you will receive a selection of recordings and handouts for you to use in your own practice. This course is for everyone – yogis and non-yogis who want to keep healthy and happy!
Messery, France or Geneva, Switzerland