Yoga by Carina
Focus on your own practice.
Hi! My name is Karina/Carina and I warmly welcome you here.I am a Yoga Teachers College® Certified Teacher, I have completed my teaching certifications with Yoga Body | Yoga Teachers College on Yoga Trapeze®, Gravity Yoga and Breath Coaching too. I teach YOGABODY style, a fitness-based approach for strength, mobility, weight loss, and stress management. Oh, and my classes are fast-paced and fun. Yoga is my joy and life. I feel grounded, strong and open after my practice. My mind feels clear and I enjoy the journey of always learning. I love meeting people, connecting and getting to know the stories of my students. They keep me motivated.
Private and Small Group ClassesI also offer private and small private group classes at a variety of locations in GE area and online. I’d say try the discovery classes first so you too can discover your path if you haven’t figured it all out. I can’t wait to welcome you to my yoga studio space soon.
My Yoga Alliance (YACEP) Qualified Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) Certifications:
- Yoga Body Certified Yoga Trapeze® Teacher
- Yoga Body
- Certified Gravity Yoga® Teacher
- Yoga Body 200-hour YTT Certification
- Certified YOGABODY®Breathing Coach
- 300 hr YTT My Vinyasa Practice
- Yin Yoga Teacher – My Vinyasa Practice
- Restorative Yoga Teacher – My Vinyasa Practice
- Adaptive Yoga Teacher – My Vinyasa Practice
- Trauma Informed Yoga- My Vinyasa Practice
- Yoga Nidra – My Vinyasa Practice
- Yoga Wheel Teacher – Ekaterina Zyrina
I'm a Writer, and RYT 500 Yoga Certified Yoga Teacher
MY YOGA, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS
Yoga has honestly changed my life in every way: it’s my passion, it’s how I’ve made my closest friends and relationships, and it’s what inspires my daily life. It has made me more compassionate and patient both with others and myself. It has taught me non-judgement, knowing that everyone is on their own unique journey and that we are all doing our best.
I begin and end each yoga practice with gratitude. I gratitude for my body, how hard it works for me every day, remembering that being able to move freely in my body is the greatest blessing of all. We are given one body, so honour it, nurture it and love it. Embrace your gifts and embrace your uniqueness.
I believe that health and happiness depend on four factors:
- Staying true to your inner voice.
- Keeping a close group of friends or family who support you and have your best interests at heart.
- Trying new things and keeping an open mind, whether that is with new foods, cultures or exercises. It’s important to roll with the punches and not stay stagnant.
- Being physically active and moving your body regularly.
Why Yoga by Carina?
The answer is pretty simple. My name is Karina, but my friends call me Carrie and write me as Carina + l am not only yoga instructor. I’m also an astrology teacher and I love astronomy.
Carina is a constellation in the southern sky. It means the keel of a ship in Latin. Before, it was part of the constellation named Argo Navis. Then, Argo Navis was split into three constellations. The astronomer named Ptolemy listed Argo Navis when he made a list of 666 constellations.
The star named Canopus is in Carina. Canopus is the second brightest star in the night sky. The Carina Nebula is also in Carina. It is very large emission nebula. It is a region where stars form.
As a yoga teacher, here are my strengths:
- Consistency. I teach very strong, consistent classes every day, regardless of what’s going on in the studio or in my own life. I plan my classes well, I listen to students, and I am always “on” when I walk into the studio.
- Personal Attention. From my experience, students love the personal attention, so I always spend at least 15 minutes before and after class talking 1-on-1 with students, talking about problem poses, and supporting their yoga journeys.
- Community. I’ve noticed that students come to yoga for more than just the poses—they thrive on community as well. I love organizing special events such as “yoga in the park” in the summer or potluck dinners so that students not only grow personally but communally as well.
“You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.”
MORE ABOUT KARINA HUBERT /CARINAFirst of all, she's a modern Yoga Teacher. It is essential that yoga teachers’ knowledge of theory and practice surpasses the teachings of old, purely because the ancient yogi didn’t experience the same lifestyle factors, injuries, diseases, socioeconomic struggles and pressures we face today. The modern yoga teacher therefore bears a greater responsibility than ever before, not only through their duty of care, but through self-enquiry and desire for a greater sense of purpose. Yoga teachers today are required to understand and apply the benefits of all asana, bandha and pranayama practices, as well as possess a thorough understanding of contraindications in order not to exacerbate symptoms further.
Carina has taught yoga for 2 years, she was accredited through the Yoga Teachers College. She was trained by Lucas Rockwood. Lucas Rockwood is an internationally-renowned yoga trainer, TEDx Speaker, podcaster, writer, and entrepreneur. His early yoga and meditation teachers include Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, Paul Dallaghan, Alex Medin, Gabriel Cousens MD, and SN Goenka. This method has an emphasis on the alignment of posture using breath control and is designed to systematically develop strength ( including core ), flexibility, stability, and body awareness, and can be therapeutic for a range of conditions. It is adaptable for anyone and uses props where needed.
Karina now works with adults, teens, young children and teaching Yoga and Mindfulness – using breath work and meditation ( age appropriate ), as well as other techniques including; art, colour, sensory attention work, role playing and brain gym to name a few. Karina’s Yoga teaching focuses on the connection to the breath and the feeling within the body. Her classes are creative and vary. They are tailored to accommodate the participants.
Karina is a writer, yoga teacher, author, runner, life and breath coach. She loves working out, running in the forest. She lives in Messery, France (not so far from Switzerland) with her husband, their 2 children and 3 dogs. She has created her own tarot deck because she felt drawn to share her knowledge of Tarot and motivation coaching+ inspire you to use the Tarot cards for personal growth and connecting with your center and find your own way.
Have you wondered how you could reset yourself mid-day after an intense interaction? Spend an hour learning about the mind/body connection. We will practice breathing techniques and guided Yoga poses that you can do at your desk with Karina Hubert, a Certified YTC Yoga Teacher.
Karina is a Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher (RYT) with 200 hours training and is currently studying an additional 300 hours for the RYT 500 certification. She has attended numerous yoga workshops and programs, has lead yoga retreats and has been teaching for 2 years.